October 29, 2020
October 29, 2020
- We are now checking for minimum wage in SN anytime a Pay Rate is entered. If the entered Pay Rate is below the minimum wage based on the Location, SN will display a message and the user will not be able to move forward.
- Before we released the minimum wage validation feature mentioned above, we’ve updated the minimum wage file to ensure we have the latest version.
- If an engagement is remote and the Remote State is California, the system will now ask for the Remote City. We offer a different benefits package for workers in San Francisco. If the Remote City is “San Francisco,” the worker will see the San Francisco Benefits Brochure on their worker profile.
- We’ve enhanced the talent profile settings to be more streamlined and intuitive. We now have one place for a talent to update their talent profile and one place for a talent to change their password.
- When ending a worker engagement, the system now allows more characters on the “Final week’s total hours” field to accommodate exact hours and minutes. Users can enter up to 6 total characters (such as “123.45”).
- As a VMS Manager, the “Approve” and “Reject” buttons are now working when approving a VMS order.
- Worker email address will no longer be case sensitive when doing data migrations.
- The Electronic Delivery column on the Talent page is now showing the “No” value when a worker opts out of electronic delivery during onboarding.
- The Change Password popup window now matches the updated mockup. All talent can now update their avatar on their talent profile.
- When clicking the Resend Offer button on the engagement pusher, the Send Offer form will stay active so users can make any necessary edits and then click Preview Offer Letter before resending the offer.
- When sending an offer to an existing worker, only one order and one engagement will be created in the system. The existing worker will only receive one offer.
- The Add Document button is back on the company pusher, internal users can once again upload documents for companies in SN.
- If the worker’s work site is remote, users are once again able to select a Remote State on the Create Order & Send Offer form.
- For companies that have the Sterling integration enabled, if a user resends an offer to a worker, the prescreening status incorrectly switched to “Bypassed.” We have resolved this issue, the prescreening status will display “Pending Worker Auth” if the worker requires prescreening.
- Users will no longer receive an error when clicking on the Engagement Summary of a retracted VMS offer.